This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Cricut. The opinions and text are all mine.
If you’re on the hunt for a fun treat to send in to your kid’s class for Valentine’s Day, this is the one for you. This project is insanely simple and easy to make using a Cricut Explore Air™ 2 machine or any other Cricut machine you have access to. This is the first project I’ve put together for other people to use and I hope you like it!
BEGINNER TIP #1:
I attached both layers to the same canvas so that you only have to cut once. The trick is to cut two different sheets of HTV (heat transfer vinyl) in the colors you want to use and correct dimensions, then line them up on the same cutting pad, side by side. Then you’re cutting once, but cutting two different colors!
Let’s get started, shall we?
1. Start by accessing the Valentine’s Day Tic Tac Toe Treat Bag project in Design Space. You’ll notice that the entire project is welded together and will be cut all at once.
2. Measure and cut a 9″ x 2″ piece of HTV in the color of your choosingHTV in the color of your choosing, and lay down on cutting mat in the place where your text will be cut.
3. Measure and cut a 9″ x 9″ piece of HTV in the color of your choosing, and lay down on a Standard Grip cutting mat in the space where your grids will be cut.
4. Connect your Cricut to your computer and press the “feed” button to prepare to cut. Your cutting sheet should look something like this (maybe with less pet hair on it):
5. Once loaded, double check to see that you are cutting the correct material then hit the Cricut button. If using glitter HTV, I recommend increasing the pressure from Default to “More” pressure. Doing this will make it will be easier to weed.
7. Use the Cricut Heat Guide to determine how long you should be ironing your material on. For this particular vinyl and material, I heated my Easy Press 2 to 270º then pressed the bag for 15 seconds before placing my design. I then ironed it for 30 seconds on the design side and 15 seconds from the back.
8. Fill your treat bags with 5 pieces of two different types of candy or two different colors of the same candy so the recipient can play tic tac toe before they get a sugar high.
9. And VOILA! Your child’s Valentine’s Day is the loveliest of all and they’re the certified winner of “best Valentine”.