I’m currently sitting in my favorite city in the world getting super excited about heading off to a city I know very little about for an Incredible trip in just four days. No, literally, an “Incredibles 2” trip.
It’s hazy and overcast, but the energy of big cities makes me come alive and I realize that every time I have the opportunity to step outside of my private little utopia, is an opportunity I’m enormously grateful for.
On April 3, I’m headed to San Francisco for three jam-packed days of events where I will be submersed into the world of Disney*Pixar’s Incredibles 2.
It all starts with a 35-minute screening of Incredibles 2 at Pixar Animation Studios.
Yes, it’s true. I’ll get to see some of the movie. The preview I saw at D23 Expo last July was hysterical, so I’m really pumped to cry-laugh my mascara off before the welcome reception at Pixar that night. The reception is “Bao” themed, which is the short film that will play before “Incredibles 2” in theaters.
The next day is so jam packed that my head is already spinning.
My favorite part of these Disney Entertainment trips are getting to meet with the creatives behind the scenes. You know, the ones who really MAKE the movie what it is but don’t get as much R.E.S.P.E.C.T. As a creative myself, I fully appreciate the tediousness of what happens behind the scenes, and the absolute pride of creating something from nothing.
Please help me gather questions to ask during our interviews, and check out what we have planned for Thursday, April 4:
CREATING THE WORLDS OF INCREDIBLES 2
- See how the worlds in INCREDIBLES 2 came together, both through architecture and design, and urban planning. Participants includeProduction Designer Ralph Eggleston, Visual Designer Philip Metschan, Shading Art Director Bryn Imagire and Sets Supervisor Nathan Fariss
INCREDIBLES 2 Filmmaker Presentations:
ANATOMY OF AN ACTION SCENE
- Hear the breakdown of an action scene from INCREDIBLES 2 and learn from the crew how it all comes together in the final film. Participants include Story Supervisor Ted Mathot, Layout Supervisor Mahyar Abousaeedi, Animator Kureha Yokoo and Effects Artist Amit Baadkar
- Get an inside look at the wardrobe and costumes created for Elastigirl, Edna Mode and newcomer Evelyn Deavor. Participants include Shading Art Director Bryn Imagire, Tailoring Lead Fran Kalal and Character Artist Deanna Marsigliese
“CREATE YOUR SUPER” ACTIVITY
- See how collaging was used by artists to conceptualize characters and their costumes, and try your own hand at creating a Super!
PIXAR STUDIO TOUR
- Guided tour of Pixar’s studio, with a focus on the brand-new art hallway featuring work from INCREDIBLES 2
- Find out more about Jack-Jack’s powers and the challenges that came along with them from the Effects team. Participants includeSupervising Animator Tony Fucile, Effects Supervisor Bill Watral and Effects Artist Jason Johnston
INCREDIBLES 2 press conference with Director Brad Bird and Producers Nicole Grindle & John Walker
DISNEYLAND “Pixar Fest” presentation and Q&A with the Theme Parks team including Production Manager Krista Sheffler, Creative Director Tasha Sounart and Production Manager Heidi Holman
Pixar Archives Tour
The next day, we will have the opportunity to tour the Walt Disney Family Museum, which just feels like my life is coming full circle. My Papa worked for Walt and I spent my life at Disney from the time I was an infant. Pixar and the Walt Disney Family Museum were the last check marks in my “Must Do Disney things in the USA”. I still have to get to all of the theme parks.
Please follow along on all of my social channels using: #Incredibles2Event & #Waltagram
I look forward to sharing all of the INCREDIBLE adventures with you all!