My wonderful friend who has guest posted here before, started a blog of her own recently! I am SO proud of her for plunging in and she’s doing an amazing job. She writes like she talks and is refreshingly witty and fun. I refer to her here as Madame Curve because she has the most amazingly curvy, beautiful body that I’ve ever seen in my life. She sent me a list of questions to answer and then I have to ask 11 questions of some of my favorite bloggers, so here goes nothing:
1. Tagged Bloggers should post the rules.
2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you in their post and then create eleven new questions to ask the people you’ve tagged.
3. Tag eleven people and link to them on your post.
4. Let them know you’ve tagged them!
Here are her questions for me and my answers:
1. What is your guilty pleasure? I rarely feel guilty for anything that I do. I guess the one thing that I “shouldn’t” do since I’m a Caveman Lifestyler, is eat frozen yogurt. On the rare occasion that we go out and indulge, I do allow myself some but I always top it with fruit so that I’m not TOO guilty.
2. Have you ever been involved in “Pay It Forward”? Describe I think that any type of volunteering is paying it forward. I used to do a lot of volunteering but now I only do it when The Workaholic is home to watch the babies. I enjoy going into Styles’ school to volunteer. I was also given a computer by my dad’s ex-wife but she was really just trying to get him to put a ring on her finger. She CALLED it paying it forward but she was really gunning for a 4K diamond. I’m glad they’re divorced.
3. What do you think has contributed to the decline of morals in society? I think that the malaise associated with parenting in our generation is contributing to the decline of morals in this society. I also believe that as the population of the world increases, the higher the crime rate will climb based purely on populations growing out of control. ALSO, it is easier to not be held accountable for your actions, or to have repeated grace in our judicial system. I think that holding people (even your kids) accountable to their actions and having a punishment that matches the crime is #1.
4. What would you have done differently in high school? I would have taken AP courses my senior year and focused on making the transition from high school to college a better one. I would have applied to more colleges and maybe considered going to UF so that I could live with my Dad and step-mom who would have made sure that I stuck with it from the get-go. I LOVE Auburn, don’t get me wrong. This little city girl just wasn’t quite ready for a large university.
5. Where do you go for “me” time when you’re desperate? “Me” time? What’s “Me” time? No, seriously. What is that? I don’t even know who I am anymore. Sad though it may be, it’s the truth. I would LOVE to find “me” again, I just don’t even know where to start looking.
6. What are your plans for your summer? I plan on spending more time outside and with my children. I MIGHT even make a few early morning trips to the beach. I CERTAINLY plan on spending lots and lots of time with the infamous Madame Curve who has become one of my most favorite people on the planet. Other than that, we really have no concrete plans.
7. What are your favorite shoes in your closet right now? I’m SO not a shoe girl. OMG, STOP THROWING TOMATOES AT ME!!! The shoes that I wear the most often are the purple suede Clark shoes that I bought winter of 2010/2011. True story.
8. A day to yourself, what would you do? (if money was not an issue) I would go to one of those spas where you’re only allowed to talk at a whisper. Where they serve cucumber water and vegan food. I would have every spa treatment in the book and spend the rest of my day painting with my high-quality oil paints, the beautiful landscape. I would then cry myself to sleep that night with the thought that I would likely never have another quiet moment in my life.
9. When you’re at the beach, what do you like to do the most? I REALLY dislike the beach. Prior to kids, I loved it. SO I’ll talk about that. I most liked to find a comfortable spot on the sand with a fluffy towel where I would lie down and worship the sun, drifting in and out of sleep to the sucking sounds of the ocean on the sand. There’s none of that now.
10. Of the 50 states, which ones haven’t you been to? (I pulled out a map for this one.) Hawaii, Nevada, Arizona, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Minnesota, Iowa, Missouri, Arkansas, Wisconsin, Illinois, Kentucky, Tennessee, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, New Jersey, New York, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine.
11. If you could say anything to your 1st love, what would it be? I hate you for spoiling me with orange juice and vitamins when I was sick. For putting flowers in my locker or car at random. For picking wild flowers for me whenever you saw them. For writing a song for me. For being so tender and sweet and absolutely, romantically wonderful. Nobody has done any of those things for me since and it still haunts me. But I would also say thank you for being that way, and for all of the precious memories that I will never forget. And for teaching me that love is rarely found where you most expect it.
Here are my questions for my tagged bloggers:
1. Tell me about one of your earliest childhood memories:
2. If you were forced to wear one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be. Comfort over fashion? Fashion over comfort? Tell me all about it.
3. Did you have a “lovie” when you were growing up? If so, what was it and how long were you attached?
4. Pretend that we are playing “Truth or Dare”. You’ve chosen truth. My question to you IS: Who was your first kiss? how old were you? how was it? do you remember any specifics?
5. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
6. If you could change one physical thing about yourself, what would it be and why?
7. If I asked your friends what they liked best about you, what would they say?
8. Conversely, if I asked your friends what they liked least about you, what would they say?
9. What, if anything, are you doing to be kinder to the environment?
10. What countries besides the USA have you been to? Which one was your favorite?
11. In regards to friendships, is it more important to you to have a bunch of acquaintances or a small, intimate group of very close friends?
My tagged bloggers will be revealed this evening.