Welcome to Day 2 of the 21 Day Body Transformation!
I should have said this yesterday, but I’ll go ahead and say it today: I will not be putting all of the information for each day on my website. That would be stealing! And because I think Mark Sisson’s 21 Day Body Transformation book is worth having, I urge you to pick it up at your local book store or get it on Barnes & Noble or Amazon. I don’t make any money from your purchase of the book but I think that you would absolutely benefit from having it.
That said, I will be putting outlines of the challenges for each day here that way you get a broad overview of what to expect.
SO! Day TWO!
- Today you are to go on a Primal Shopping Spree!!! (Mark provides a list in his book). I recommend going through some Paleo/Primal websites and making a shopping list based on what you want to eat for dinner each night. Then throw in some things for lunch and breakfast. That should give you a pretty good idea of what to purchase at the store. You’ll get the hang of it after a month or so. The first few weeks is more difficult and you really have to concentrate on what you buy.
- Exercise: Moderate Duration Aerobic Workout. Mark says anywhere between 20 and 60 minutes, based on what your “normal” workout routine might look like. I currently don’t workout so I will likely do a 20 minute routine. This can be anything, you guys. You can go on a speed walk, a jog, play XBox 360 with your kids if you have the Kinect, take a Zumba class, hop on the elliptical, WHATEVER. Just make sure you DO IT.
- Lifestyle: Have a calm and relaxing evening. Can you turn the TV computer, or eReader off after it gets dark? I don’t know if I can but I’m certainly going to try!
Did you have any challenges with Day 1?
As easy as it was, I had a really hard time getting outside to walk. I had grandiose dreams of taking the kids to the park and walking 3 miles but it didn’t happen. Life, naps, and messes got in the way. We went walking around our neighborhood so I did get my walk in but it was a serious struggle. The Workaholic is home today so I will be going to our community gym later to get my 20 minutes in.
Good luck with Day Two!
- 21 Day Body Transformation – Day 1 (bananahammocksandtutus.com)
- RESOLUTION : Paleo Week 3 – Goal Setting (bananahammocksandtutus.com)
- RESOLUTION : Paleo Week 1 (bananahammocksandtutus.com)