HOLY Cow can you believe that we’re almost 1/2 way done? I can’t believe it’s Day 10 already. Although my body composition hasn’t changed much, I love the new movement that I’m incorporating into my life. While the change isn’t drastic physically, I FEEL better.
How about you?
Today isn’t quite as fun, y’all. It’s gonna hurt. In that “OMG I’m building major muscle” way that some of us love.
Today your challenges are as follows:
Diet – Eating Environment: FOCUS on creating delicious meals and snacks. No more noshing on the go, even if it’s Paleo-aligned. Everything must be planned out to succeed Primally. Does it take more work than mindlessly grabbing a protein shake or a granola bar? Yes. But it’s worth it. And after a few months of consciously planning your food, it will become second nature and you won’t have to think as much about it.
Exercise – Primal WOW: The WOW stands for “Holy crap, this is going to hurt”. Not really. It stands for “Workout of the Week”. Today you’re going to do a little bit of everything. As I watch my 10 month old walk across the floor (no lie). Today, your workout consists of the following:
- Pushups – one set maximum reps
- Sprint – immediately sprint 40-80 meters
- Rest: 30-60 seconds
- Pullups (or appropriate progression exercise): one set maximum reps
- Bunny hops: hop (feet together for takeoff and landing) for 20-40 meters
- Rest: 30-60 seconds
- Squats: One set maximum reps
- Sprint: immediately sprint 40-80 meters (YEAH RIGHT!!!)
- Plank: One set maximum time
And an advanced addition:
- Sprint/Bunny hop: After planks, immediately sprint 80 meters, hop 40 meters in opposite direction then walk 40 meters to starting point. Rest 30 seconds, then repeat.
If you do the advanced option, you get to add an extra 10 points to the RESOLUTION : Paleo Rafflecopter widget tomorrow. You need to tell me that you did it, right here in this blog post for your entry to count. HONOR SYSTEM, PLEASE.
Lifestyle: Email fast. Engage in email correspondence only during morning and afternoon time periods of 30 minutes or less. Even if you work, you can make this work. Unplug from your email for the bulk of the day (minus ONE full hour), and get some important tasks done without being distracted by your inbox. This is great practice for your focus and concentration.
I’m so proud of everyone who is hanging in there with me. I haven’t been as rigid as I thought I would be but I’ve been squeezing things in day by day and making small changes everywhere.
How are YOU doing with this 21 Day Challenge? Is it what you thought it would be?
- 21 Day Body Transformation – Day 8 (bananahammocksandtutus.com)
- 21 Day Body Transformation Day 9 (bananahammocksandtutus.com)
- RESOLUTION : Paleo Week 3 – Goal Setting (bananahammocksandtutus.com)